December 22, 2014, 11:20:48 PM

Author Topic: Tier=Complete. Heroic Sha Down! What a long, strange trip it's been..  (Read 513 times)

Uro

• The Captain of Cockswoggling
  • Officer
    • You best recognize the swoggle of my cock

With the tier coming to a close, what better a time than now to reflect on the journey we have been through. To understand everything that has transpired since the release of Mists of Pandaria, we must first travel back to Dragon Soul.

During the summer of 2012 we found ourselves unsatisfied with the state of our roster. After a long and difficult tier, many of our core members had decided to go casual or move on from the game altogether. Time was quickly slipping away and we knew that a change was needed.

Late one balmy summer night whispers of a merger drifted across the night sky. Talk of Mind Games and Raiding Rainbows joining their nasty bits together in an epic cacophony of love-making could be heard from the high heavens. After many nights of negotiations, concessions and planning a combined leadership structure emerged with the goal of pushing this guild once more into a positive direction.

Our first forays into the tier were exceptional. With an abundance of skilled players, we made quick work of the content. That is until we smacked our dicks "head" on into Heroic Imperial Vizier. HOLY MOLY, did this encounter ook us in the dooker. For whatever reason, the seeds of discord were sowed as a result of this. In an instant, all of the momentum and good will we had enjoyed was gone. Forum PM after forum pm started to pour in.

It is at this time that many of our long term raiders decided to mail it in. The guild as we knew it, was changing before our eyes. We recruited where we could and pushed on through the content. That is of course, until Heroic Protectors came into the picture. If Vizier had broken our spirits, Heroic Protectors were the final nail in the coffin. Missed dispels, messed up stacks and pull after pull of lightning deaths were simply too much to handle.

With tempers at their peak, the guild fractured.  Recently rejoined members alongside veteran players decided that there was just no way forward. As the burnout, frustration and anger spilled out onto the forums we found ourselves short the necessary players to field a full raid. Thus, with our backs against the wall we secured those members who had stuck it out and began a massive recruiting spree. With Mike and Tony hard at work getting applications and talking to anyone who would listen, we doubled down and killed Heroic Protectors on 10 man. We followed that kill up with a full clear of HoF, wiping to Heroic Empress at 3%. It was during this transition week that we laid the groundwork for our new core.

We started this new raid week with more trials than members, more unknowns than knowns. We then suffered additional setbacks as more members broke off to form their own 10 man. Never the less, we pushed forward and made quick work of Heroic Empress. Then Lei Shi. Then Protectors. Then Tsulong.

Each week we grew stronger, more confident. And just like that, we started to rebuild exactly what had once made us so great. Our culture, our identity as a guild. A guild that was built on fun. That started with the humblest of beginnings and most grandiose aspirations. We were back, far from full strength, but back. We went above and beyond to make our trials feel welcome. To truly make them a part of our guild. Likewise, we never forgot those who had stuck by us and made sure that they knew how important their loyalty had been in keeping us together.

Emboldened, there was just one more goal left unmet. The Sha of Fear. The one boss which, even days before, seemed like a distant impossibility. Undeterred, we began our pulls.  Each raid was marked by measurable progression. We quickly reached Phase 2 and found that our ball throwing skills were more akin to Tim Tebow than Peyton Manning. After kicking Alex Smith from the roster and making Colin Kaepernick our starter, the fight seemed within our grasp. 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 19%, 18%, 12%, 7%... Each pull was closer and closer to the promise land. I felt like a 12 year old boy playing "Are you nervous?" for the first time. Then, it happened. We finally got laid....uh killed Heroic Sha. Nerd Screams were heard, tears of piss were shed. We were standing on our seats with bowls of cereal on our heads. We did it.
We finally did it.

Words cannot describe how proud I am of everything that we accomplished. It is with this pride and new found confidence that we eagerly await patch 5.2 and the Throne of Thunder! Long live Levar, long live Raiding Rainbows.

P.P.S. GUYS! The Guild could not have accomplished any of this without the hard work of our members, officers and trials. To those old and new, thank you! Thank you for everything that you do!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:13:35 PM by Uro »

Sikonos

• Casual
Re: Tier=Complete. Heroic Sha Down! What a long, strange trip it's been..
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »
To all you bros who stuck it out through this rough tier, really appreciate it. You are the reason why the officers keep pushing forward no matter how demoralizing or difficult some weeks are. Can't wait to see what we can do in 5.2!

Zeyqs

• Casual
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:31:51 AM »
Gratz guys.
Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d5x6aidjlm46jp0z/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ncx5dmc6ydj99r2b/

If you guys want to do well next tier, practices in PTR is a MUST.

Shuttle

• Casual
  • Shuttlecock
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 05:08:37 AM »
Congrats homies.

Shoeonymous

• Casual
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:04:20 AM »
Gratz guys

Sikonos

• Casual
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »
Thanks Shoe! Hope all is well.

lights

• Casual
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
grats dudes good job

Kida

• Casual
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:58:10 AM »
many bubbles!? did mingxia join this guild at some point?

dellor

• Trial
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
i love it

"Every holy paladin is the exact same person." -Uro

Sikonos

• Casual
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
many bubbles!? did mingxia join this guild at some point?

I carried the joke over to RR :P

lights

• Casual
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »
that picture is a hate crime

Mike

• Casual
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
Great read!

So proud of you guys, can't wait to see you kick ass in Thunder King!

PS: Sorry I haven't been helping with recruitment lately, school is sorta kicking my ass.' xD

Sephinia

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:23 AM »
Don't hate cause you weren't mentioned, or were you?

PS. Football analogies work for me like donkey nudes. Dead boner.

putzfrau

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 12:00:57 AM »
good read, glad to see you guys overcame your adversities! 

i'm still with you in spirit  ;)

Eck

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 02:35:02 AM »
You guys deserve some badges.
Awesome read from an awesome, dedicated, friendly guild.

I particularly lost it with the "i'm going pro in LoL".

Keep the haters hating,
-Eck

Fearings

• Casual
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 07:22:15 PM »
:)